Thursday, August 14, 2008

The First Day of School

So the dreaded day finally came to usher my oldest off to kindergarten!!!


Gabriel had been saying emphatically all summer when asked about going to school, "I AM NOT GOING TO KINDERGARTEN!!" This concerned me, however, I was hoping that he would warm up to the idea. After dropping off Isaac at preschool and seeing an old friend, Gabriel shed a few tears as he missed his friend and the preschool. All the way to his school, I heard him giving himself a pep-talk in the back seat. This was both cute and sad! He mustered up the courage to get out of the van with me and Liah and walk into his classroom. Even though several other kids were crying...and he didn't want to wear his name tag, he went right to the circle of kids on the carpet and began to sing. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised when he got in the van after his first day and could not STOP talking about his GREAT day!! I feel I owe this in part to prayers answered! Gabriel has been so excited every day since to go back to school and have more FUN!! Isaac was excited as well but sad that he and Gabriel were not in the same school.


WOW!! They sure are growing up fast!


1 comment:

Hannah said...

Ahh I started to tear up when I read the part about him crying when you dropped Isaac off and then the pep talk in the van. Why do our kids have to grow up?!