Thursday, August 14, 2008

A little family time at the lake...well...kind of

So for the last month I have been training for a triathlon. The swim portion of the race is in open water. For me, this means I swim with...well...other "things" and not just people. This surprisingly bothered me! Adam had the idea to go to the nearby state park and get in the lake there so I could get over my fear. We have gone twice now and are trying to go at least once a week as it seems that swimming with the "things" still bothers me. For those who are still amazed that this picture is of ME as well as the kids...you may now pick your jaw up off the ground. I actually requested Adam take this picture. Not because I thought it would look cool or that "I" would look cool (believe me I KNOW how I look...like a dork!!) but because I wanted to have a picture to motivate me :)


The kids love swimming there because they "get" to swim with the fishes! And it's water and what kid doesn't love water!



This picture is of course the masked Gabriel again! He loves to use my goggles because they don't leak like his!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I can't believe you're just fine with the pic of you and the kids in the lake (which you should be cause it's cute) but you won't let me put pictures of you fully clothes and without a rubber cap ;) on your head on my blog?! LOL just kidding-but I had to raze you about it. hee hee

Beth said...

I think that is awesome that you are training for a triathlon! And it would totally bother me to swim in a lake with other things too. It gives me chills just thinking about it.