Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tornadoes!!! YIKES!!


TN has had some nasty storms rip through and man are they leaving there mark. This is a picture of one that hit Memphis. All I can say is "Thank goodness we have a basement!!" We spent the night in the basement watching the TV and praying that we would be safe and so would our family and friends in the area. Luckily, no one we know was hurt. Since I live close to were I grew up, I found out that my 2nd grade teacher's roof was blown off. Some of my friends have co-workers who lost their homes entirely but have no injuries themselves. We had some hail and high wind but we were blessed to have no damage. Please keep those families in your prayers as they have nothing. I can't imagine what that is like and I hope I never have too.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I can't believe how close you guys are to all that. How do you live with it. I am glad you are safe. I didn't realize you had a blog until I googled Eric and my's name to see what came up and it showed our name under you guys. (I have never googled us before but someone was saying with blogs your information isn't safe or something and I wanted to see what came up. So I am glad I did) Congrats on the new little girl. She is adorable. Sorry about the colic and hope it goes away soon. I can imagine you going crazy--I know a few people who have only 2 kids because both of them had colic. I hear it is horrible. I can't believe you have have a 5 year old. My time flies. Your boys are cute and I can't believe they play violin and run. Way to go. well this is long enough just saying hi.

Jenn said...

Well...when storms come...we live in the basement. If we didn't have a basement we would live in another state. They get nasty here as we have lots of them.
It is good to hear from you guys. I heard about the google thing too. Are you guys going to delete your blog now? As for the colic, she is getting over it now but man it was BAD. I can understand not having any more which is probably the case with us. haha. Thanks for saying hi and please comment or email. It is nice to keep in touch with everyone! If you need my email let me know :)

Meg said...

That is such a bummer about the colic. I am glad it is getting better. No I am not deleting our blog. I guess I just am not too worried about it. Oh well. It is great to keep in touch. And yeah I will need your email.