Monday, October 20, 2008

Playin' a little Catch UP!!!...Movie night while dad's away!!

Ok. It has been eons since I last posted so here's too making up for lost time. I will start from the oldest and work my way to the present. Eons ago (earlier this month) Adam went to a stake priesthood meeting. Because I am the needy person that I am, I searched high and low for someone to hang out with because I hate being alone!!! Did I say that with enough emphasis?! I LOATHE even the thought of being alone!! I had arranged to go bowling with another family in the ward and on the way to the bowling alley, the oldest son got sick. I tried another avenue but that didn't work out either! Much to my dismay things didn't work out and I was stuck with the unthinkable!

Putting my issues aside, I tried to look for something to save my night and yet not make me go crazy...thus, movie night on the wall in the living room. We had done this before with friends but never with just the four of us. It seems to always be a hit because what person doesn't enjoy their own home theater screen! The kids--minus Liah mind you(haha)--and I made a tent with a blanket and two chairs and they were more than happy laying underneath it with an endless amount of popcorn! Even Liah was literally eating the popcorn out of my hand!



They choose a new Little Einstein's movie at the movie store and the rest of the night was fine. I tried to occupy my time with "stuff" to keep busy until Adam came home. It really went rather well! I just have "smissues" as a friend of my so lovingly titles it and because I don't like being alone I still hope a repeat is not in the future!

4 comments:

Garcia's said...

I used to really hate being alone, so I feel your pain. I'm glad you found a way around it.

Hannah said...

You are so you. ;) Your tent does look fun! Also....4 weeks inbetween posts?! Seriously?... LOL I get grief from people when I go over a week! LOL! muwah

Anonymous said...

I hate being without John with just the kids. Good for you by making it fun for them. I probably would just be miserable.

Kristalyn said...

What a fun idea...I am definitely looking for ways to keep my mind off being alone right now.