Monday, August 25, 2008

A Little Something for the "Twilight" in all of US!

So we went boating with the Halverson's last week and had a BLAST!! We road on a raft behind the boat and the boys loved going fast!!

They road with me first and then with Adam.



For those who are reading this blog and have read the Twilight Series, I had my very own "New Moon" moment! After we road on the raft, we road out to look at a campsite on an island. Eventually we made it to some cliffs where apparently people go cliff jumping. For all you Twilight fans- I HAD to make a jump! The first jump Gabriel did as well which was at least 20 feet above the water. This jump was the ledge on the far left in this picture a little more than half-way up the cliff.

After being told that it was way too high for him, Gabriel climbed up and jumped almost immediately and the look on his face as he came down said mom and dad were right...it was WAY TOO FAR!! He didn't jump again but after jumping this cliff myself, I was told there was a higher one. Again, if there is a higher one-I HAVE GOT TO JUMP OFF THAT ONE!!! Since everyone was in the water, no photos were actually taken of me jumping. However, when I got in the boat I took another picture of the 2nd cliff I jumped off of. In about the middle of the picture you can see the rock sticking out at the top of the cliff which is where I jumped!! It was an AWESOME adrenaline RUSH!!!


Liah briefly enjoyed staying with Debbie while we played!


The sun on the water was beautiful!!


4 comments:

Meg said...

Man impressive. I gave up cliff jumping four years ago when my eardrum burst. But i am always envious of the people who do do it. I miss the thrill. I am way impressed. Not to mention I can't believe Gabriel jumped. I can't even imagine Lexie doing that ever. She is somewhat of a wuss. Gets it from her dad. Looked like a fun day.

Hannah said...

You sooooo have to take me to do this!! I know we talked..but I wanted to give you a little blogger love ;) these pictures capture almost exactly what I see when I think of that scene in New Moon. You ROCK!

Bekah said...

What a blast! I went tubing (behind a boat) for the first time this summer! One time I fell off and I think the water blew my eyelid inside out. Ouch!

Kristalyn said...

Wow, you are amazing! I don't know if I would do that, it looks scary! I love how you referenced it to New Moon. Looks like a fun trip, you are a cool mom to dive off of a cliff!