Friday, April 18, 2008

Umm...Earthquake?!


We had just gotten up with Liah this morning at 4:30 am and the house started to move!! I looked at Adam and he said, "It must be really windy outside." I looked outside the bathroom window and there was NO wind. The house creaked and shifted for only 15 sec but man! I have never felt a quake before but Adam has. It was really weird. Apparently the quakes epicenter was in southern Illinois which actually is only a couple of hours from us. It was felt 450 miles away.

The circle in the picture is the epicenter. The line is from the epicenter to us. Crazy way to start the morning!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

How scary once you realized what it was especially if it was your first. I grew up with earthquakes here in Southern California. For some reason when I was in school I remember quite a few but we haven't felt one since moving here. In schools here we have earthquake drills. I can't say I miss them too much.